Today was kind of a bust. It’s been chilly and rainy all day, which I normally would love. But I’ve been feeling a little lethargic, so it did not help much. Because I’m feeling lethargic, I am not even motivated to read Ninth House, which I was hoping to finish this weekend. It’s just not an emotionally uplifting book!
I want to find something funny to read…
I have a few different blog post ideas that need more time to develop, so today I thought I’d share my to-do list for tomorrow. It might be fun to see how many of these things I actually get through and tomorrow’s post could be a recap.
- Cook Mexican-Spiced Shrimp Lettuce Cups. I meant to do this today, but I’ve been snacking all day and it felt like more effort than it was worth when I wasn’t that hungry to begin with.
- Pull out clothes I no longer want/need. They are taking up a lot of space in my closet. I’ll probably need to sort into second-hand shop and charity shop piles.
- Pack away winter clothing I won’t need for a while. These clothes have taken prime closet space I need for clothes I wear on the regular.
- Do laundry. I should be able to put everything away and not leave out after I’ve accomplished #2 and #3.
- Vacuum bedroom
- Mop kitchen/living room
- Reorganize bookshelf and living room. I brought home more furniture over Christmas break from my grandmothers’ homes and I still have a mess to sort through and put away that I never did.
- Clear off island bar. I’d like to start eating and working there and it’s been covered in mail and storage for a while.
- Figure out the Austin Public Library system. Download the app, create an account, whatever I need to do.
- Give Opal bath or (if still raining) just a feet bath. Her toe nails need some maintenance.
- Take Opal for another good hour-long walk if possible. I did that this morning and felt great afterwards.
- End day with clean kitchen. I always leave my cooking mess until I need to cook again. It’s terrible and makes it hard to find motivation to make good kitchen choices.
- Call PetSmart to schedule Opal for camp. Probably Thursday again…
- Read at least 100 pages of Ninth House. If I start tonight before sleep, I’ll be kind to myself and count those pages towards the total. :)
- Avoid YouTube/Netflix until evening. I’ve not even been enjoying anything I watch, so it’s double wasted time in my books. Because of my lack of curtains, it’d not even great to watch things until the sun has set.
- Watch Startup School video: Startup School Orientation W2020. I have eight videos total that started in January and have come out about once a (or every other) week. Time to start again.
- Figure out a learning plan for Trailhead. Another skill I want to gain is in Salesforce, because I think I’d be interested in working in sales for tech companies.
- Write blog post for tomorrow before Netflix unwinding time. That way I’m not scrambling before it’s too late in the evening.
- Zoom with Sara and write (if she’s available). I actually did some writing yesterday with her and it was wonderful. I have some new ideas that I might share tomorrow…
Okay I need to go. I think it’s stopped raining and I know Opal wants a longer walk before bed. I also want to wash my hair tonight before it’s too late AND just remembered I haven’t done my German practice for the day! Argh.
Golly I let this day slip by. Saturdays have been that way for me for weeks now, though, even before “social distancing” so I don’t have a good excuse. It should be relaxing, but I’m always stressed about something I’m not doing. It’s a bad cycle I need to quit.
Anyway let me know in the comments if you have a huge to-do list for tomorrow! Solidarity!